Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inaugural PGC meet-up happening May 30th!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just packed up my gear. I'm bringing a 6 and 7 string PRS, a small pedalboard with mini pedals, the Friedman Smallbox 50 and 2 1x12s. Looking forward to meeting you all, BBQ'ing and jamming!

Comment

This was a great time! A few photos to share!

Comment

I really had a great time at the meet today. Thanks to everyone for making this happen, and I look forward to the next one!

Comment

It was a pleasure, gentlemen. Some great playing today. Hope to see you all soon.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Martha and I were chatting about having a recurring schedule for PGC meetups at our studios - perhaps expanding the different activities or things we might do every month.

A few thoughts we've had were:
            - new gear show-and-tell ...bring something new/cool/different and demo this for the group
            - tips & techniques ...offer up something new you've learned or would like to share (e.g. the IRL version of ROTW)
            - open jam ...like we did last time, but perhaps line up a rhythm section (drums, bass, keys, etc.) to support the jam
            - songwriting workshop ...split up with other players and actually construct a full song in just a few hours
            - guest lectures ...cool individuals from the industry come to present something interesting
            - house concerts/sessions ...actually host an artist/player concert in the studio (recording, if possible)
            - more BBQ ...no explanation required.

Can you guys think of any other activities that would sustain a more regular meetup schedule, here at our place or other places?

And of course, thanks again for coming out last month - I really appreciate the opportunity to meet you and play some music with you all!

Cheers,

-mt
            http://www.anothermoon.org

Comment

• Goldy
              Goldy commented
              Editing a comment
              I would like to make a suggestion for the open jam; a 2 (maybe 3) active guitar limit. Once there are more than 2 (or 3) amplified guitars, it just gets so noisy that it isn't enjoyable for anybody. There is no musical space or clarity. 10 guys can be sitting there with guitars in hand but only 2 (or maybe 3) should be plugged in at any time. Obviously players would have to be cool about switching around so that everybody gets plenty of playing time. You can't actually learn anything when 1>you can't hear and 2>you are busy playing yourself. Just my 2 cents.

• Goldy
              Goldy commented
              Editing a comment
              And by the way, I love all the ideas/activities/suggestions...

• an1310
              an1310 commented
              Editing a comment
              Man, took me a minute to get back here -- I echo Mr. Goldy's suggestions; only a few guitars amped at a time. However, to make sure everyone gets ample playing time, we'd just have to hang out longer...

How about screwing around with some classic covers? We could have our own little (PC)G3 jam.

Looking forward to the next one.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been m.i.a. Been a crazy few weeks with the launch of Guitopia and then out to LA for a Vai gig. It was awesome meeting you all and I look forward to it again! Let's figure out the next one!

Here are a few things on the horizon:

-I'm meeting with a shirt printer next week to start producing official PGC merch
            -I'm speaking with PRS about their involvement in an upcoming PGC event (that will be held at a more formal venue).
            -My bassist and drummer from band, Visible At Night, have agreed to be the "house band" for upcoming events so that we can have some great, dynamic, proper jams.

Awesome stuff! Hope everyone's summers are going great so far.

Comment

Is anybody going to the Philly Guitar Show this weekend in Oaks PA? I will be there around 11am. Just sayin...

Comment

• Dave
                Dave commented
                Editing a comment
                I think I'll be there. Not sure what time.

• an1310
                an1310 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm trying to get there, but my kids seem to have other ideas. When's everybody going to be there?

Originally posted by mtomlins View Post
              Hi Guys,

Martha and I were chatting about having a recurring schedule for PGC meetups at our studios - perhaps expanding the different activities or things we might do every month.

A few thoughts we've had were:
              - new gear show-and-tell ...bring something new/cool/different and demo this for the group
              - tips & techniques ...offer up something new you've learned or would like to share (e.g. the IRL version of ROTW)
              - open jam ...like we did last time, but perhaps line up a rhythm section (drums, bass, keys, etc.) to support the jam
              - songwriting workshop ...split up with other players and actually construct a full song in just a few hours
              - guest lectures ...cool individuals from the industry come to present something interesting
              - house concerts/sessions ...actually host an artist/player concert in the studio (recording, if possible)
              - more BBQ ...no explanation required.

Can you guys think of any other activities that would sustain a more regular meetup schedule, here at our place or other places?

And of course, thanks again for coming out last month -
              Tutuapp9appsShowboxI really appreciate the opportunity to meet you and play some music with you all!

Cheers,

-mt
              http://www.anothermoon.org

yes of corse, i can think of many other activities that would sustain a more regular meetup schedule
              Last edited by rossi; 05-28-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X