Vai Academy and GuitarTown Festival

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vai Academy and GuitarTown Festival

If any of you are Colorado-bound in August, I'll be out there for Vai's "Vai Academy" (http://vaiacademy.com/) and then we'll be headlining a cool Guitar festival out there called "GuitarTown" (http://www.villageatcopper.com/guitarTown/). Others on the bill are masters like Eric Johnson, Robben Ford and Sonny Landreth!

I'm Vail bound. Off topic question, (obvious my first time to Vail) fly into Denver and drive rental to Vail? Or fly into Eagle's smaller airport and drive to Vail? I can't wait first timer for anything like this. I love putting together guitars. Hope to learn a lot. Look forward to meeting you again, (Knox. TN.) this time take a photo together.

Comment

• Dave
      Dave commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never flown there either, not sure. Tour travel agent is setting it all up later this year.

I've been to Vail a couple of times for corporate events and Denver quite a bit for work. If the difference in price is close, fly to Eagle. It's about 30-45 minutes west of Vail on I-70. It took me 2.5 hours from DEN. The airport itself is a fair distance from I-70, and in the wrong time of day, you'll hit heavy traffic.

Comment

• RodnJax
      RodnJax commented
      Editing a comment
      Big help, Eagle (looking at Google Earth) looks like a more tolerable drive to Vail. I'm coming from Jacksonville, FL. guessing that a connector from DEN to Eagle? And a prop plane? Kind of a waist to rent a car and have it set in the parking lot for three days but I haven't found any shuttle so...again thanks.

• an1310
      an1310 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're an East Coaster, I-70 will be a culture shock. Lots of steep grades. Very picturesque drive though, especially in the summer.

I've never done DEN to EGE, so I can't comment there. But coming from JAX, you should be able to catch a direct flight through ATL. And they fly large planes from major hubs like ATL, ORD, DFW.
Working...
X